At Westfund, we treat our members as people, not numbers. That’s why we are sure our members will enjoy the convenience and benefits of TravelCard – travel insurance with less paperwork and Real-Time claims.
Discover the benefits of TravelCard Real-TimeTM Travel Insurance
Luggage delayed? Cash stolen? Sick or injured overseas? Usually, travel insurance requires you to cover the costs yourself, claim when you get home, then wait and worry. When you travel with the TravelCard, you’ll be carrying a card to handle some of the most common problems travel can throw at you without being left out of pocket – so you can get back to enjoying your holiday. It’s how travel insurance should be.
- Medical issue overseas: Need a doctor? In pain and not sure what to do? TravelCard’s 24/7 Global Assistance team can direct you to the nearest pharmacy, hospital or doctor and load the TravelCard with funds to cover your medical costs.
- Delayed luggage: When your luggage isn’t where you are, it’s hard to begin your holiday. TravelCard can add up to $150 to the TravelCard to buy emergency essentials.
- Stolen cash: No cash, no holiday! TravelCard can put up to $250 on the TravelCard to help you until you work out details with your bank.
Call the team any time for a quick solution and funds are instantly transferred to the TravelCard. They will then send an activation PIN to your mobile phone.
TravelCard: Cover and claim in three simple steps
Before you travel abroad, make sure you’re covered in three simple steps:
Why choose TravelCard?
- Overseas medical and hospital expenses: Cover for emergency medical and hospital treatment if you get sick or injured on your international trip).
- Cancellation and curtailment: Cover if your trip is cancelled or cut short due to an insured event (for example an unforeseen injury or illness).
- Luggage and personal effects: Cover for your personal belongings if they get lost, stolen or damaged during your trip.
- Travel documents, credit cards and travellers cheques: Cost of replacing your passport, visas, travel money cards, travellers cheques and credit cards if they are lost, stolen or damaged.
- Personal Liability : Your legal liability for accidentally injuring someone or damaging their property during your trip.
- Rental vehicle excess: Any hire car insurance excess you become liable to pay as a result of the vehicle being damaged or stolen.
- Wide range of leisure activities: More than 90 leisure activities covered as standard including cycling, kayaking, snorkelling and safari.
All benefits and covers are subject to the terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions listed in the Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement and on other policy documentation, including the schedule.
Not sure if you need Comprehensive Cover?
If you’ll be travelling light, without expensive personal items, TravelCard’s Basic Cover could be for you. It offers essential medical cover for Australians travelling overseas, plus some cover for other common claims.
For help finding a policy that suits you, please call the TravelCard customer service team on 1300 123 114.