Westfund is excited to announce the successful applicants from Round One of the Community Grants Program for 2019.
The program offers community organisations the chance to apply for a share of $120,000 in annual grants. It also includes Westfund’s Here for Hearts program, which provides access to defibrillators for eligible organisations.
The program is built on a foundation of four pillars: Family, Healthy, Fit for Life and Community.
Successful applicants demonstrated their commitment to one or multiple pillars and it was pleasing for Westfund to engage with organisations whose community-based values aligned so closely with their own.
“It’s pleasing to see our Community Grants Program continue to grow, as shown by the sheer volume of applications we received for Round One, 2019,” said Westfund’s Engagement and Experience Manager Melanie Geyer, coordinator of the program.
“We are thrilled to continue our commitment to supporting communities through the program, and look forward to its continued growth,” she said.
The recipients represent a diverse range of community groups from locations across the country.
Round 1 2019 – Successful Applicants
- Orange Youth Centre
- Riding for the Disabled – Orange Centre
- Migrant and Refugee Support Service, Orange City Council
- FoodCare Orange
- Orange Women’s Shed
- Bowen Community Technology Centre
- Sailability Mackay
- RACQ Capricorn Helicopter Rescue
- Oasis Life Lounge
- ausEE Inc. – Recipe Book
- Kids Diabetes Camps
- Rebound WA
- Bathurst Community Transport
- Central West Women’s Health Centre
- Can Assist Lithgow
- Quota International Lithgow branch
- Lithgow District Men’s Shed Association
- Thrive Services Lithgow
- Lithgow Bears Rugby League Football Club
- Albion Park Rail Community Centre Inc.
- Bear Cottage – Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation
- Glenbrook Public School
- Lithgow Information and Neightbourhood Centre (LINC)
- Lithgow Valley Pistol Club Inc.
- Mount St Thomas Public School
- Orange Woodworkers Association Inc.
- Queensland Aids Council
- Sensory Concerts
- YMCA Springfield Lakes Community Centre
- Yumba Bimbi Support Services